13th February 2009, Friday.
This story is about something that happened on this day and nothing to do with d movie FRIDAY the 13th... lol..stupid but true...
I've heard people saying that 13 is an unlucky number and Friday is an unlucky day...& when both come together, it is a bad day... my mom says dat u r not supposed to do anything that is good on such days... lol... "I do not believe all this crap mom"... I mean whatever is gonna happen, is gonna happen and no 1 can stop dat...
so anyways... going bac to dat day, 13th Feb 2009. It had been one month I was in the US and had no job. No on campus, No off campus and it was kinda upsetting... I read about this desi math tutoring institute in the paper Desi talk... they needed a math teacher for grade 8 and 12... I thought i shud be giving it a try.. I called them and fixed an appointment at 4 pm... the deal was I had to write a math test... if i cleared d test, i get d job... I left at abt 2.30... I proudly purchased an unlimited metrocard being confident abt the fact dat i m gonna get d job... my math isn't dat bad afterall... I'd score 146/150 in my class 10, 89/100 in class 12 and 740/800 in GRE...lol... I paid USD81 for the card... Rs. 4000 almost... lol... I used to convert then...n there comes d twist in d story... I got lost on d way... and lost my metro card as well.... bad isn't it.... i mean losing USD 81 for some1 who has just been in US for a month is a big big deal no matter hw rich u r...
As expected, I reached late... cudn't write d test n obviously dnt get d job... :( :( this feeling makes me sooooo scared of friday the 13th...
I remember november 2009.. 13th was a friday again... i was sooooo f****** scared... i dnt step out of the house...
lol..
Some incidents, although not all dat scary and bad, do stick in our brains n stay there forever...
feb 13th, 2009 is 1 of those days....
although it was just a coincidence, it'll always remain stuck inside my brain forever... :( :( :(
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.